Filler injections are popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures used for facial rejuvenation. They involve the injection of various substances, such as hyaluronic acids, into the skin to restore volume, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines, and enhance facial contours. This technique is commonly used to address signs of aging, improve facial symmetry, and achieve a more youthful appearance.
The most commonly used filler material is hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps maintain skin elasticity and hydration. Other types of fillers use different molecules, all of which are biocompatible if properly used.
Fillers can help:
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They are effective for filling in deep lines around the mouth (nasolabial folds), smoothing out smile lines, and reducing marionette lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the jawline.
- Restore volume which the face naturally loses over time, resulting in a sunken or hollowed appearance. Fillers can replenish lost volume in areas such as the cheeks, temples, and under the eyes. They can also be used to plump up the lips.
- Improve contours to enhance cheekbones, define the jawline, and reshape the chin, providing a more balanced and harmonious facial appearance.
- Improve the appearance of certain types of scars, such as those caused by acne or injury. By filling in depressed areas, they can make the scars less noticeable and create a smoother skin texture.
- Improve the appearance of the nose without surgery (“non-surgical nose job). By strategically injecting fillers, the appearance of bumps or asymmetries can be reduced, and the nose can be made to appear straighter or more refined.
To achieve the best possible results, you need: 1) Expert assessment of your personal concerns and anatomy; 2) The proper “vision” to create an effective plan; and 3) Expertise in knowledge of facial anatomy and the techniques to minimize the risk of complications. For these reasons, an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon can be an invaluable resource.
There are many fillers available today, and part of achieving excellent results involves matching the proper filler for the job. We match the precise filler with your specific needs, and the fillers available at our office include Restylane-L, Refyne, Defyne, Contour, Silk, Kysse, Lyft, Juvederm, Voluma, Volbella, Radiesse, Sculptra and others.
Although the results of facial fillers are not considered permanent, they typically last from several months to a year or more, depending on the type of filler used and individual factors. Maintenance treatments are usually required to sustain the desired results.
As part of a comprehensive aesthetic plan, consider facial fillers as an effective non-surgical option for facial rejuvenation, providing natural-looking results and boosting self-confidence.